I am at 14+ weeks now. And I almost lost track….
Well, I noticed there are some differences between me having Baby #1 and Baby #2…
Besides the pregnancy symptoms like:
1. My bump is much more obvious now at an earlier stage.
Many already guessed I was pregnant at 2 months! (Most of them were afraid to ask me cos they were wondering if I grown a tummy!)
Look at the difference in the Week 14 photos below…
Baby #2 (taken today)
I’ve heard that subsequent pregnancies tend to show up bigger and faster than the first. But I am really hoping that I don’t become SO big and clumsy during the last few weeks of my pregnancy! *Fingers crossed*!
2. I suffer slight morning sickness for my two pregnancies. However, for Julien, nausea and loss of appetite ceased at week 9.
For this one, I am STILL wondering when the nausea and loss of appetite will go away… :(
There were also differences in the way I treat both pregnancies…
1. For Julien, I tracked my pregnancy on my What To Expect app by the day. I got so excited that I sometimes read forward… and backwards a few times.
For J Junior, I track my pregnancy every 1-1.5 weeks.
2. For Julien, I read books on pregnancy. Thress books at one time…
For J Junior, let’s say… It’s been internalized and memorized so I don’t need to read anymore? :p
3. For Julien, we visited MANY sales and went into a shopping frenzy….
For J Junior, he/she shall enjoy the hand-me-downs.
4. During my 1st pregnancy, I was VERY, ULTRA careful not to do anything vigorous especially during my 1st trimester…
But guess what I did when I was 1 month pregnant this time round?
Play ATV in Phuket!!!
Read more about my adventure here!
I had since promised myself to ‘repent’ and behave myself after my Phuket trip!
Honestly, I think I tend to be more relaxed this time round since I have already experienced pregnancy and childbirth so recently. I am trying not to come to a place of complacency though!
I also feel this pregnancy is not as easy for me as compared to my first and so I need to take better care of myself really!
To all the mums with more than one kids out there, do you all feel more relaxed with each additional pregancy(s) too?