Well, I can't help feeling kind of 'left behind' especially since my peers are like having and/or already have kid(s). They have experienced 'promotion' over these last 4-5 years... Cliche as it may sound, but it's really amazing how time flies!
I work with mums, eat with mums, read mums' blogs (check out Dawn, Kless, Sandra, Wendy... even my ZS- Edmund and Francis' blogs under the 'Fellow Bloggers' column on the right of this page). I am surrounded by mummies (& daddies) almost all of the time!
Honestly, sometimes my heart gets stirred and it becomes itchy (xin yang yang)... I like kids. But some people 'warned' me that we would always like OTHER people's kids, not our own. Hmm.... but if you read my friends' blogs, it seems otherwise! They really LOVE their kids!
But the truth is KIDS=RESPONSIBILITIES
Some things I have to consider...
1. Do I have the finances $$ for maternity package, food, diapers, accessories & furniture, insurance, maid, education...? And the list goes on......
2. Can I commit to this almost lifelong? (I can't give up!)
3. Have I spent enough quality time with my husband and be able to share our personal space with a 3rd or 4th (or 5th or 6th or arrrrrr!!!) individual?
4. Am I able to balance work, ministry, husband & baby... WELL???
5. Am I able to work out care-giving for my baby 24/7?
6. Did I miss out anything else???
Well, I know we can just step into the shoes and fill it but I definitely want to be prepared! So, now as I ponder the above questions in my free time, I shall enjoy what I have now in life! :)))